Surface Plasmon Resonance Theory
Why Surface Plasmon Resonance?
SPR will become a standard technique available in every single biochemistry lab
Surface plasmon resonance has become the golden standard for providing optimal quality kinetics, real time interaction data, and label-free analysis for a wide variety of applications. Ever since the inception of surface plasmon resonance, for more than two decades, it has becoming increasingly more affordable and accessible to researchers than ever before. One of the notable benefits of surface plasmon resonance is the value that SPR data can add to one’s research. In fact, there are strong indications that SPR will become a standard technique available in every single biochemistry lab because it uncovers the true nature of binding interactions.
The top six benefits of surface plasmon resonance include:
- Real-time monitoring
- Provides binding kinetics such as on and off rates on top of yes and no binding and affinity values
- Label-free detection
- Measure interaction between analyte and ligand without spending time and money on expensive labeling reagents and protocols (i.e., radioactive fluorescent labels).
- Conserve precious samples
- The nature of the technology requires only minimal amounts of sample saving costs, reducing time needed for expression and purification.
- Reusable sensor chips
- Regeneration buffers are used to disrupt the interaction between the analyte and ligand providing you with reusable sensor chips
- Complex sample testing
- Surface plasmon resonance can be used to test crude samples for applications such as serum analysis reducing time and cost associated with purification
- Reliability and Accuracy
- Ability to replicate experiments with ease through replicable sample injections and obtain accurate results from repeatable measurements
Academic & Government Research
Is sharing equipment slowing down your research? No access to SPR technology? Make waiting for lab results a thing of the past. Nicoya’s OpenSPR is a cost effective SPR solution which doesn't sacrifice on quality.
Undergraduate labs are outdated. Provide your students with the latest, relevant industry-standard technology that will give them an edge in the work force. OpenSPR is an advanced teaching tool that won't put a dent in your budget.
Are current quality control techniques costing you time and money? Our SPR solution will help you get high quality data at a reasonable price. Deploy one or many in your lab to expedite getting the data you need.