Plain Gold Sensors
Standard OpenSPR sensor chips are made from highly sensitive nanogold film on high optical quality glass. This nanofilm generate strong localized surface plasmon resonance absorbance in the visible spectrum. Standard gold chemistry can be used to functionalize the nanoparticle surfaces for a variety of applications.
OpenSPR sensor surfaces are available as plain gold surfaces for custom surface functionalization or with a variety of functional surface chemistries. These sensor chips reduce the time and effort needed for immobilization while improving repeatability.
- Biotin coated for immobilization of streptavidin coupled targets
- Streptavidin coated for immobilization of biotin tagged targets
- NTA coated for immobilization of his-tagged targets
- Carboxyl coated for immobilization via EDC/NHS coupling to any amine group
- Hydrophobic coated for immobilization of lipids/membrane proteins
- Amine coated for immobilization via EDC/NHS coupling to any carboxyl group
Our sensor chips come in 5 different particles sizes: 20nm, 40nm, 60nm, 80nm, and 100nm, which can be used to optimize assay performance for different applications. Smaller particles are recommended for smaller capture probes, while larger particles are recommended when using large capture probes.
We recommend starting with the Optimization Panel, which includes 5 chips of each size, to help you select the best sensor chips for your application. Contact one of our application scientists to discuss your needs.